You can now apply for UIF coronavirus payouts for May
UIF applications for May opened on Thursday 28 May. Here is an article by Business Insider on how to avoid major problems.
Some of the significant changes are:
- Employees whose employers didn’t register for UIF can now also apply for payments, directly from the UIF
- Employees who are registered for UIF, but whose employers didn’t apply for the TERS payments, can now apply directly with the UIF
- Companies which did not keep up with their UIF contributions can still get money.
- In some cases, the UIF now pays employees directly – and not via their employers.
- You can now check if your employer has been paid.